AlphaBiolabs celebrate our 10th Birthday at our DNA, drug and alcohol testing laboratory based in Warrington.
In the same year as Facebook was launched, AlphaBiolabs opened for business. Our journey over the last 10 years has been interesting, exciting and informative. We originally established ourselves at the University of Liverpool MersyBio incubator offering DNA testing. From these modest beginnings we have grown into one of Europe’s leading DNA, drug and alcohol testing laboratories.
Our goal was, and remains to provide high quality, cost effective, accurate, rapid laboratory testing to our customers as well as excellent customer service.
Like Facebook we have spent the last 10 years establishing ourselves as a market leader. Since 2004 we have become one of the leading testing laboratories in Europe and have reached a number of milestones.
- AlphaBiolabs has been a UKAS accredited laboratory since 2008
- Since 2008 AlphaBiolabs Ltd has been accredited by the Ministry of Justice to carry out parentage tests as directed by the Civil courts in England and Wales under Section 20 of the Family Law Reform Act (1969)
- In 2007 we achieved ISO 9001 – the internationally recognised standard for the quality management of businesses. In the same year we added ISO 17025 – the internationally recognised standard for Testing and Calibration within Laboratories
- In 2007 we launched a Drug and Alcohol testing facility from our accredited laboratory in Warrington
- We are the 4th largest DNA relationship testing laboratory in Europe (including UK) 2013
- AlphaBiolabs remain the only laboratory to offer next day results for peace of mind DNA tests as standard
- In addition to providing testing to the general public and those within family law, we are also the DNA testing laboratory of choice for the media. AlphaBiolabs is ITV’s preferred DNA testing supplier performing DNA and substance misuse testing for the Jeremy Kyle show
- AlphaBiolabs is verified and listed by DNA Testing Choice as having the UK’s ONLY five star paternity test
As a company we are aware that testing can be a stressful and emotional process therefore our team are very experienced in answering any queries on all types of testing available. Our staff are proud to work at AlphaBiolabs and we appreciate that they are a huge part of the success of the company as it expands and grows from strength to strength.
From September 2014 we will launch CPD training courses on Hair Alcohol/Drug and DNA relationship testing. Our free of charge courses are designed to provide further knowledge on these subject matters and confirm our on-going dedication to those involved in child care cases.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have been part of our exciting journey and we look forward to the next 10 years!
Statement from David Thomas MD
“As you will already know it is AlphaBiolab’s 10th Birthday today.
The journey from company inception to where we find ourselves today has truly been a roller coaster at times. During the past 10 years we have been innovative and introduced many firsts to the market. These innovations include providing home sample collections to the legal profession and next day DNA testing as standard direct to the public, to name but a couple.
The company is now unrecognisable from the humble beginnings when founded in 2004 but one thing we can be certain of is that we have surprised our competitors by demonstrating a level of grit that has seen us thrive in an environment that has seen market decline / increase in competitiveness in recent years.
Together, we win and together we lose. However, as a team we are stronger than ever before and together as a team we will grow into the laboratory that is worthy of taking its place amongst the very biggest and best of Europe.
Thank you for all of your hard work and let us all continue to thrive in our careers and thrive as a company for the next 10 years and beyond”.