AlphaBiolabs has been instructed to obtain a sample from you for either DNA, drug and/or alcohol testing. This info sheet will guide you through the process.
Sample collection options
There are three options in which you can provide your sample.
1. You can attend one of our Walk in Centres located across the UK in Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne, North London, Preston, Warrington and South London.
2.We can arrange for one of our sample collectors to visit you at an address of your choice.
3. You can arrange your own sample collections from your GP or other medical professional.
One of our Customer Services team will contact you to either arrange an appointment at the Walk in Centre or with one of our sample collectors. Alternatively, they will send a sample collection kit to your designated GP or medical professional.
Giving your sample
Your sample needs to be collected under chain of custody conditions to ensure that the test results are legally defensible. This will ensure that the sample has indeed been provided by the intended person, and hasn’t been tampered with in any way.
Please be aware that you will need to have your photograph taken by the sample collector. If using your own GP or medical professional, you will need to take your own photograph with you.
Depending on which test your sample is undergoing, please follow the advice below on the day of your sample collection appointment.
- Remember to bring ID with you (such as driving licence or passport).
- For immigration DNA testing, you need to bring one form of ID, a photocopy of your ID and two recent passport-sized photographs.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke for 20 minutes prior to a DNA test.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke for 20 minutes prior to a prenatal paternity test and ensure you are well hydrated.
- Remember to bring a current list of any medication(s) you have taken during the testing period.
- If undergoing an oral fluid test, do not eat, drink or smoke for 10 minutes prior to the test.
- If undergoing a breath alcohol test, do not eat, drink or smoke for 20 minutes prior to the test.
- If undergoing a blood test, ensure you are well hydrated.
Getting your results
The results of your test will be emailed to the person that has instructed the testing. DNA results are usually the same or next day after the samples arrive in the laboratory. Drug and alcohol test results take around 3–5 days.
If you would also like a copy of the results, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, date of birth, address and the case reference.