Work at AlphaBiolabsCome and join the AlphaBiolabs team
PR & Content Manager
We’re looking for someone with a proactive and can-do attitude, who wants to work in a fast-paced environment on a wide range of online and offline projects.
To plan, create, deliver and measure effective and engaging communications that drive value and improve brand awareness & recognition across a range of target audiences.
Established in August 2004, AlphaBiolabs is an award-winning DNA, Drug, Alcohol and Covid-19 testing laboratory. We provide testing services to the legal profession, workplaces, and to members of the public.
We value our people above all else. We know that the happier they are, the better their work will be – so we make sure that everyone here feels supported, motivated and inspired. We’ve created a collaborative environment where talent and individuality are genuinely encouraged.
What we offer
- A highly collaborative working environment where PR and effective communications are not only valued, but are absolutely key to our success
- Empowerment to make decisions and shape the way we use PR and content across the business
- A culture where you are free to experiment – if you make a convincing pitch, no one is going to say no
- A team that will support you even when things don’t work – it’s OK to fail as long as we learn
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Plan, develop and implement proactive PR and content strategies to increase brand awareness and recognition
- Identify, research and write features, articles and press releases for all channels, both online and offline
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key media and journalists
- Monitor media activity relating to our sectors, collating and analysing information to inform the ongoing PR and content strategy
- Organise events, exhibitor stands, and photo opportunities
- Work well under pressure, managing multiple projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines
- Collaborate closely with all members of the marketing team and other departments
- Significant in-house or agency PR experience – researching, writing and distributing press releases, articles, features and other content
- Full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Ability to understand complex issues and multiple stakeholder needs
- Excellent copy writing skills to produce engaging, accurate content for diverse audiences
- Experience of organising exhibitor attendance at conferences and other events
- Creativity in approach and understanding of impactful PR opportunities
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proactive self-starter with excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong relationship-builder with good networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure to multiple deadlines and prioritise demands
- Full driving licence with access to a vehicle
- Competitive salary
- 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Medical cash plan
- Death-in-service benefit
- Employee assistance programme
- On-going training and development
- Bonus for full attendance
- Last Wednesday of the month free pizza day
- Company events
- Free on-site parking
The role of Account Manager is to be a point of contact for our customers throughout their casework journey with AlphaBiolabs. The responsibilities laid out in this description are general and may be amended or adapted in response to business or customer needs.
- A single point of contact for specific groups of customers including provision of quotes, chasing quotes, registering cases, organising sample collections and releasing case reports
- The Account Manager will report directly to the Sales Manager
- The Account Manager will aim to deliver excellence on every interaction both internal and external
- To engage directly with our customers, anticipate or help them to understand their needs and deliver a quality and relevant service within agreed service level agreements
- To handle any customer complaints at first contact with a ‘one call’ resolution where possible. All complaints should be reported to the Sales Manager and the Quality team for root cause analysis
- Ensure compliance with ISO17025 and ISO9001 and all departmental procedures, policies and protocols
- All interactions, written or verbal, will be professional and courteous with all our customers, internal and external. All case-related interactions are recorded on Salesforce
- Achieve key performance indicators as set by the Sales Manager
- Work closely with and support our field sales team
- Attend account meetings, report, present and engage with solution-led thinking
- Effective communication both spoken and written
- Ability to identify own limitations and strengths
- Proactively recognise training needs and request support
- Work within a structured process, understand the demands of the quality management system and adherence to best practice
- Ability to negotiate and respond to customers’ demands
- Deal with situations with empathy yet able to be assertive as appropriate
- Manage the expectations of the customer and the business
- Outstanding attention to detail and accurate recording of information
- Commercial acumen–able to spot opportunities for sales, upselling, etc. and influence the customer as appropriate
- Very organised, able to plan and deliver and multi-task, meeting targets and deadlines
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Whilst taking responsibility for a specific group of customers, must also be able to work as part of a team to cover absences, colleagues’ peaks in demand, etc.
- An understanding of external and internal customers
- Extremely IT literate
- Proactive: able to suggest and implement improvements.
In order to meet the needs of the business, all staff must have a flexible approach to their working week. Working later shifts may become a requirement in the future. She/he must be an effective communicator and be able to work in a team or alone when required. Effective communication skills are a mandatory requirement.
She/he must be able to identify their limitations and voice their requirements for further training to their line manager. Employees within sales are required to dress smartly to ensure the right image is maintained when visitors tour the Company.
Inbound Sales Executive
We are a well-established, award-winning company, based in Warrington, delivering drug, alcohol and DNA testing services to the legal community, members of the public and companies across the UK. We are in a period of substantial growth and need to expand our Direct to Consumer inbound sales team.
This role is full-time, 40 hours per week (plus half an hour for lunch), initially working 9am-6pm, but working a late shift until 8pm or 10pm in the future, on a rota basis.
- Taking inbound calls and online enquiries, understanding customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
- Identifying and acting on selling, up-selling and cross-selling opportunities
- Making outbound calls to businesses to sell AlphaBiolabs’ products and services
- Delivering outstanding customer service
- Maintaining and developing a rapport with existing and new customers via telephone calls and online
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Reviewing your own sales performance and aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Some customer service administration work
- Driven, ambitious, with proven sales experience in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding customer focus
- Accurate keyboard skills and previous experience of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Preferably experience of working with an online customer service system such as LiveChat
- A self-starter with excellent organisational, communication (verbal and nonverbal) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A professional telephone manner
- A target-driven dynamic approach
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer care
- Ability to work on own initiative and also be an excellent team player
- Flexible attitude
- Able to undertake potential infrequent travel to the US office.
- Salary: £22K, OTE £30K+
- Death in service benefit
- Pension scheme
- Other benefits following successful completion of probationary period