Work at AlphaBiolabsCome and join the AlphaBiolabs team
Communications and Events Manager
We are a well-established, award-winning company, based in Warrington, offering DNA, drugs and alcohol testing services to the legal community, members of the public and companies across the UK and internationally. We are going through an exciting period of growth, and our team now needs to expand and recruit a Communications and Events Manager. This role is offered on a full-time basis.
Overall, the role will support the activity of our Sales and Marketing teams, and will report to the Commercial Director.
- Writing high quality, engaging, original, credible copy, both online and offline, which is consistent across the brand and all channels for a diverse range of audiences, and following AlphaBiolabs’ house style.
- Drafting of all key publications and promotional material.
- Producing content and proofreading of all technical literature, images, PR, marketing and promotional materials to ensure up to date, relevant and in line with quality standards.
- Producing the company’s newsletter (6/year).
- Organising UK tradeshows and exhibitions.
- Responsibility for updating content of the company website with Digital Marketing Manager.
- A knowledge of SEO best practices and how content can support SEO strategy.
- Supporting the company social media presence on all relevant platforms in order to promote products and services.
- Identifying opportunities and activities to promote the company, its products and services (including award applications and press release drafting).
- Assisting the Sales and Marketing teams in all aspects of research, production, implementation and evaluation of marketing content.
- Liaising with new and existing suppliers to identify content for promotional literature.
- Working directly with other members of the Marketing team, preparing reports, statistics and associated documentation as required.
- Researching, analysing and interpreting data and information.
- We are looking for an individual with relevant and proven experience of working in a communications’ environment.
- Excellent copywriting skills; able to write both creatively and logically to produce quality and compelling material.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills with flawless spelling and grammar.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with little supervision.
- Highly competent in use of Microsoft Office (namely Word and Excel).
- Ability to work on several projects at once, sometimes under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and sensitive editorial judgement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage, motivate and influence others.
- Good team worker.
- Willingness to work additional hours to fulfil the role, when required.
- Competitive salary (£30K – £35K depending on experience)
- Death in service benefit
- Pension scheme
- Cashplan, offering payment for dental, optical and other services
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Last Wednesday of the month free pizza day
- Bonus for zero sick leave
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of Account Manager is to be a point of contact for our customers throughout their casework journey with AlphaBiolabs. The responsibilities laid out in this description are general and may be amended or adapted in response to business or customer needs.
- A single point of contact for specific groups of customers including provision of quotes, chasing quotes, registering cases, organising sample collections and releasing case reports
- The Account Manager will report directly to the Sales Manager
- The Account Manager will aim to deliver excellence on every interaction both internal and external
- To engage directly with our customers, anticipate or help them to understand their needs and deliver a quality and relevant service within agreed service level agreements
- To handle any customer complaints at first contact with a ‘one call’ resolution where possible. All complaints should be reported to the Sales Manager and the Quality team for root cause analysis
- Ensure compliance with ISO17025 and ISO9001 and all departmental procedures, policies and protocols
- All interactions, written or verbal, will be professional and courteous with all our customers, internal and external. All case-related interactions are recorded on Salesforce
- Achieve key performance indicators as set by the Sales Manager
- Work closely with and support our field sales team
- Attend account meetings, report, present and engage with solution-led thinking
- Effective communication both spoken and written
- Ability to identify own limitations and strengths
- Proactively recognise training needs and request support
- Work within a structured process, understand the demands of the quality management system and adherence to best practice
- Ability to negotiate and respond to customers’ demands
- Deal with situations with empathy yet able to be assertive as appropriate
- Manage the expectations of the customer and the business
- Outstanding attention to detail and accurate recording of information
- Commercial acumen–able to spot opportunities for sales, upselling, etc. and influence the customer as appropriate
- Very organised, able to plan and deliver and multi-task, meeting targets and deadlines
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Whilst taking responsibility for a specific group of customers, must also be able to work as part of a team to cover absences, colleagues’ peaks in demand, etc.
- An understanding of external and internal customers
- Extremely IT literate
- Proactive: able to suggest and implement improvements.
In order to meet the needs of the business, all staff must have a flexible approach to their working week. Working later shifts may become a requirement in the future. She/he must be an effective communicator and be able to work in a team or alone when required. Effective communication skills are a mandatory requirement.
She/he must be able to identify their limitations and voice their requirements for further training to their line manager. Employees within sales are required to dress smartly to ensure the right image is maintained when visitors tour the Company.
Inbound Sales Executive
We are a well-established, award-winning company, based in Warrington, delivering drug, alcohol and DNA testing services to the legal community, members of the public and companies across the UK. We are in a period of substantial growth and need to expand our Direct to Consumer inbound sales team.
This role is full-time, 40 hours per week (plus half an hour for lunch), initially working 9am-6pm, but working a late shift until 8pm or 10pm in the future, on a rota basis.
- Taking inbound calls and online enquiries, understanding customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
- Identifying and acting on selling, up-selling and cross-selling opportunities
- Making outbound calls to businesses to sell AlphaBiolabs’ products and services
- Delivering outstanding customer service
- Maintaining and developing a rapport with existing and new customers via telephone calls and online
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Reviewing your own sales performance and aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Some customer service administration work
- Driven, ambitious, with proven sales experience in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding customer focus
- Accurate keyboard skills and previous experience of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Preferably experience of working with an online customer service system such as LiveChat
- A self-starter with excellent organisational, communication (verbal and nonverbal) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A professional telephone manner
- A target-driven dynamic approach
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer care
- Ability to work on own initiative and also be an excellent team player
- Flexible attitude
- Able to undertake potential infrequent travel to the US office.
- Salary: £22K, OTE £30K+
- Death in service benefit
- Pension scheme
- Other benefits following successful completion of probationary period