We’re looking for a passionate and experienced toxicologist to join our team as Head of Research & Development in our Toxicology lab.
We will consider applicants for both full time and part time hours.
Excellent package on offer for the right candidate!
To deliver, in a timely and effective manner, a pipeline of scientific projects in support of the company’s commercial strategy. Working with techniques of immunoassay, LLE, SLE, and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS-MS), QTOF, to a legally defensible standard.
To support the maintenance of ISO 17025, ISO 9001, Lab 51, RISQS and other external accreditations by optimising the team’s quality of science.
Reports to: Head of Toxicology
Responsibilities of the Role
- Developing and driving through a pipeline of scientific projects- commercial and method development- which support achievement of the company’s overall direction
- Inspiring the team of scientists to deliver the projects.
- Recruitment, training, and development of the team of scientists to produce a resilient team skilled to meet demands.
- Full line management responsibility for the technical team, including appraisals, performance and absence management, etc.
- Looking externally to the marketplace, understanding competitor capabilities, and identifying future opportunities in the sector
- Keeping abreast of new and emerging products available on the market, whether scientific equipment, software, etc. which could be used to improve efficiency or effectiveness or develop new services.
- Involvement in external expert toxicology groups and attendance at relevant conferences.
- Set KPIs and monitor their achievement, for the quality of science in the team.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring rework rates and identification of improvements to reduce these, reporting the KPIs to the Head of Toxicology on a monthly basis.
- Embeds a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture and drives implementation of changes.
- Investigate Technical quality incidents and near misses, liaising with other teams where necessary.
- Graduate level or above
- Considered an expert in toxicology
- At least 5 years’ experience in a method development or R&D management role
- Project management experience, able to use project tools and produce and monitor progress against plans.
- Dynamic, able to drive through deliverables in the timescales required by the business.
- Organised, able to juggle multiple competing demands.
- Experience in an ISO 17025 environment and, preferably, experience of RISQS accreditation
- Up to date with industry and market development
- Readily takes ownership of issues and problems.
- Able to manage change effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Excellent IT and numeracy skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Salary £ very competitive package with relocation expenses considered
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Medical cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- On-going training and development
- Free on-site parking
Work as a New Enquiry Manager in the New Enquiry team within Legal Customer Services to ensure our legal clients receive the best possible customer experience with their inbound enquiries.
- Reports to the Legal Customer Experience Team Leader
- Hybrid role with a mix of office and home working as required by the business
- Salary circa £25k
- Meet daily KPI’s to process and close incoming quotation requests from solicitors, local authorities, social workers and FDAC’s, pro-actively upselling and cross-selling where relevant with a consultative and advisory approach.
- Complete daily allocated tasks to support the quotation follow up process to maximise sales conversion rates.
- Ensure that the phone / chat system is operational, inbound calls / enquiries are answered promptly, and voicemails are responded to within agreed timescales.
- Address each call with a consultative approach in line with the call quality matrix to identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Handle any client issues from a quotation perspective at first contact with a ‘one call’ resolution where possible.
- Monitor inbound e-mail inboxes dealing promptly with new enquiries sent by e-mail including quotation request PDF’s.
- Manage the Sales Force CRM by registering all new enquiries, and inputting the required information for each new opportunity generated, including the production of the quotation.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the team of client service case managers, who support the administration and fulfilment of case orders to the client’s satisfaction and also with the business development team.
- Ensure compliance with GDPR, ISO 17025 and ISO 9001 in addition to all departmental procedures, policies, and protocols.
- Minimum of two years’ B2B customer services experience, ideally in the legal or public services sector.
- Pro-active in managing the expectations of clients and their business.
- Commercial acumen – ability to spot opportunities for incremental sales whilst maximising value for the client.
- Effective and professional communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accurate, detailed recording of information.
- Very organised with the ability to multi-task to meet multiple targets and deadlines.
- Able to remain calm under pressure and always maintain a positive, willing, and professional attitude.
- Willingness to continuously develop and improve knowledge of our business, the legal sector and the services that we offer.
- Competent working with Salesforce (or other CRM) and Microsoft programmes, especially Excel.
- Manage internal and client-facing challenges with empathy, whilst remaining appropriately assertive.
- Identify own limitations and strengths, proactively recognising training needs and requesting support as required.