Work at AlphaBiolabsCome and join the Alpha Team
We are a well-established, award-winning company, based in Warrington, delivering drugs, alcohol and DNA testing services to the legal community, members of the public and companies across the UK. Our sales and customer service team is expanding and we now need to recruit a Retention Executive to help grow our work with solicitors across the UK.
- Cold-calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Closing sales over the phone.
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements, and presenting appropriately to make a sale.
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails.
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries.
- Gathering market, competitor and customer information, feeding trends back to managers.
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Reviewing own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Recording all interaction with customers electronically, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Driven, enthusiastic, tenacious.
- Demonstrable experience in a cold-calling telesales position, where you have consistently met or exceeded your sales targets
- An excellent team player, willing to spread best practice with other team members and cover each other’s roles when needed for the good of the team
- Very IT literate, especially Excel and, preferably, CRM databases such as Salesforce
- A quick learner, able to pick up new information very quickly
We are a well-established, award-winning company, based in Warrington, delivering drugs, alcohol and DNA testing services to the legal community, members of the public and companies across the UK. We are in a period of growth, and we now need to recruit an experienced, proactive Quality, Health and Safety and Data Protection Manager to replace the current role holder who will be retiring shortly and to help take the company to the next level.
- Experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline, preferably biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or analytical chemistry
- Extensive experience in an ISO17025 environment
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Experience of liaising with external accreditors (eg UKAS) and other stakeholders
- Problem solving and root cause analysis expertise
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work with other functional leaders and build strong relationships
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
- Commercially astute
- Self-starter, superb organiser, able to meet deadlines and targets
- Lean Sigma or other experience of other continual improvement methodologies – preferred but not essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; highly IT literate
- Developing, implementing, evaluating and maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure the maintenance of all external accreditations.
- Leading on projects to achieve new external quality and health and safety accreditations.
- Liaising with external parties, eg UKAS and other stakeholders, on matters relating to the QMS and health and safety.
- Responsible for generating and maintaining appropriate records in accordance with company policies.
- Ensuring that laboratory validation processes comply with the requirements of the appropriate International Standards, Company Policy and fulfil the purposes for which they were conducted.
- Member of the Senior Management Team, working proactively and in partnership with them to improve systems, processes and procedures to ensure efficacies and efficiencies are optimised, and health and safety managed adequately.
- Determining the compliance or otherwise of suppliers and subcontractors to the Company and to maintain a register of these.
- Planning, undertaking, facilitating and processing internal Quality and H&S audits, customer feedback, Quality Actions, Document Control and Data Protection, ensuring that all processes are carried out in a timely manner and reported to Top Management, in line with company policy, the International Standards and the appropriate legislature
- Competitive salary, commensurate with skills and experience
- Death in service benefit
- Excellent pension
- Other employee benefits available following completion of probationary period
Inbound Sales Executive (evenings & weekends)
We are a well-established, award-winning company, based in Warrington, delivering drugs, alcohol and DNA testing services to the legal community, members of the public and companies across the UK. We are in a period of growth, with plenty of potential to grow massively over the next 12 months as we enter the US market. We therefore need to expand our Direct to Consumer inbound sales team.
This role is full-time, offered over 5 days (37.5 hours) including weekends, working 1.30-10pm on week days and 10am-6.30pm at the weekends.
- Taking inbound calls and online enquiries, understanding customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
- Identifying and acting on selling, up-selling and cross-selling opportunities
- Making outbound calls to businesses to sell AlphaBiolabs’ products and services
- Delivering outstanding customer service
- Maintaining and developing a rapport with existing and new customers via telephone calls and online
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Reviewing your own sales performance and aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Some customer service administration work
- Driven, ambitious, with proven B2C sales experience in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding customer focus
- Accurate keyboard skills and previous experience of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Experience of working with an online customer service system such as LiveChat
- A self-starter with excellent organisational, communication (verbal and nonverbal) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A professional telephone manner
- A target driven dynamic approach
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer care
- Ability to work on own initiative and also be an excellent team player
- Flexible attitude
- Able to undertake potential infrequent travel to the US office.
- Salary: £18K (+ generous commission)
- Death in service benefit
- Pension scheme
- Other benefits following successful completion of probationary period
We are a well-established, award-winning company based in Warrington, delivering toxicology and DNA testing services to the legal community, members of the public and companies across the UK. We now need an experienced Laboratory Manager to join our growing team.
The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of our laboratory and its technical team, including organisation and scheduling of work and resources. You will ensure the services required by our customers are delivered on time, to the high quality standards we expect, and within budget. You will also work with the rest of the senior management team to ensure our customer requirements are met, customers are retained and new customers acquired, by bringing new products and services to market quickly in line with the company’s strategy.
You are a bright, ambitious individual possessing the following skills and experience:
- Degree/PhD qualified in Chemistry, Biology or similar field
- Good understanding of toxicology and/ or DNA analysis
- Experience within a UKAS environment is preferable
- Able to develop and enforcing standard operating procedures
- Project Management qualification and experience desirable
- Lean / Six Sigma qualification and experience desirable
- Experience of leading on a different range of projects, particularly in the area of strategy development or process improvement
- Highly IT literate, able to use Microsoft Excel, Word and other packages
- Well organised, able to work on several projects at once, sometimes under pressure, meeting tight deadlines
- Pro-active and can-do attitude with the ability to build relationships quickly
- A self-starter, able to take ownership and work on own initiative.
- Commercial acumen- previous responsibility for financial performance of team(s), with experience of looking at financial reports, and responsibility for cost control.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with customers, colleagues and team members
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent people management, leadership and change management skills; the ability to lead and inspire a team towards agreed goals
- Salary around £35K pro rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Other employee benefits
Inbound Sales Executive
42.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 5.30 pm
Main duties include:
- taking inbound calls, listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
- making outbound calls to businesses to sell AlphaBiolabs` products and services
- delivering `World Class` customer service
- maintaining and developing a rapport with existing and new customers via telephone calls and emails
- responding to incoming email and phone enquiries
- acting as a contact between the company and its existing and potential markets
- negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- reviewing your own sales performance and aiming to meet or exceed targets
- gain a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements
- attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues
- upselling and cross selling AlphaBiolabs’ products and services to customers
- building client loyalty through excellent service and attention to clients’ needs
The successful candidate will be a bright, ambitious individual possessing the following experience and attributes;
- proven B2B & B2C sales experience in a fast paced environment
- outstanding customer focus
- accurate keyboard skills and previous experience of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- excellent organisational, communication (verbal and nonverbal) and interpersonal skills
- excellent attention to detail
- a professional telephone manner
- a target driven dynamic approach
- ability to deliver a high level of client care
- ability to work on own initiative and also be an excellent team player
- flexible attitude, including the possibility of working on a late shift in the future