The annual campaign designed to raise awareness of issues affecting men’s health has begun, with the launch of Movember today (1 November).
Also known as Men’s Health Awareness Month, Movember aims to ‘change the face of men’s health’, encouraging participants to raise money for the project by ‘growing a mo’ (moustache) for Movember.
Funds raised are put towards vital men’s health projects, as well as research and support services, with a focus on mental health and suicide prevention, prostate cancer, and testicular cancer.
Why is it important to check in on your health?
Although Movember serves as the perfect annual reminder for men to prioritise their health, this should not be limited to November.
As a leading testing laboratory, we know how important it is to look out for your health all year round. We are also well placed to support you with keeping tabs on your physical wellbeing throughout the year.
We offer a variety of at-home tests designed to give you peace of mind, or to enable you to find the correct support or treatment for specific health concerns you may be facing.
Our range of testing solutions includes:
- STI Testing – available from only £29, our laboratory can test for a range of common infections including chlamydia, gonorrhoea, herpes, HIV, syphilis, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Hepatitis B Immunity Test – available for £42 with results in 2-3 working days, this test measures the level of protection you have against the hepatitis B virus, following a course of vaccinations. It requires a finger prick blood sample, and is recommended for people whose job puts them at risk of infection (e.g. healthcare workers, laboratory staff, prison workers), people travelling to countries where hepatitis B is widespread, people who change sexual partners frequently, or anyone else who wants reassurance that they have protection against hepatitis B
- Genetic Coeliac Disease Test – for just £99, this test can tell you whether you carry the HLA-DQ2 and/or HLA-DQ8 genes linked to coeliac disease, with only cheek swabs required
- Genetic Lactose Intolerance Test – also available for just £99, this test can tell you whether you have the MCM6 gene variations that indicate primary lactose intolerance, with only cheek swab samples needed
- Home Drug & Alcohol Test Kits – whether you have concerns about a child or family member abusing drugs or alcohol, or want a test for other personal reasons, our home drug and alcohol test kits are designed to help you find answers quickly and discreetly. Depending on which test you choose, you’ll need to provide a urine, hair, nail or blood sample
Where can I buy an at-home laboratory test?
Thanks to continued innovation from laboratories like AlphaBiolabs, it has never been easier for men (and women) to gain insight into their health by ordering an at-home health test online.
Whether you want to keep your sexual health in check, find out your immunity to hepatitis B, have concerns about substance misuse, or suspect you or a loved one may be experiencing symptoms of coeliac disease or lactose intolerance, our tests can help provide you with the answers you need this Movember.
Our award-winning, accredited laboratory is based in the UK, so your samples will never be sent abroad.
We also offer rapid test results, for added peace of mind, and testing kits that have been designed to help you collect your sample at home quickly and easily.
For confidential advice on which test is best for you, please call our Customer Services team on 0333 600 1300 or email email@example.com.
Please note you must be at least 16 years of age to purchase a home STI test kit from AlphaBiolabs.
If you are experiencing symptoms that are causing you severe pain and discomfort, or that require a face-to-face examination, we advise you to contact your GP or local sexual health clinic as soon as possible.
Public testing services
Explore our range of at-home drug, alcohol, and health tests.