The European Workplace Drug Testing Society (EWDTS) has announced the recent update of guidelines for urine, oral fluid and hair drug testing.
The updated guidelines have been circulated to EWDTS members for comment and feedback before the final versions will be ratified at the EWDTS’s board meeting in London this month.
The guidelines in their current form can be viewed here. Although it is not exactly light reading, it may be of great interest to employers who utilise workplace drug testing or wish to do so in the future.
The guidelines cover urine drug testing, oral fluid drug testing and hair drug testing. We would assume that it may be a little on the late side to offer feedback and comments, but the webpage is still encouraging submissions from EWDTS members on each of these workplace drug testing methods.
Speaking at a past EAP Institute annual conference, former EWDTS board member, toxicologist Anya Pierce, explained the purpose of the guidelines. They are to:
- provide a minimum set of criteria for the providers of workplace drug testing services in Europe
- ensure that the processes undertaken are capable of withstanding legal scrutiny
- protect specimen donors
- define for laboratories common quality assurance and quality controls that are capable of being accredited by an external body.
Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing and Business Services
AlphaBiolabs is UKAS accredited Drug & Alcohol testing laboratory with over 10 years of experience. We provide testing solutions for businesses across all sectors, customised to their specific requirements.
We provide Same Day Drug Confirmation Testing, which is the fastest in the industry, with results the same day for workplace drug testing.
We not only provide testing solutions such as:
- Random Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Scheduled Drug and Alcohol Testing
- For-Cause Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Post Incident Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Return to Work Drug and Alcohol Testing
But also business services such as:
- Drug and Alcohol Misuse Policy Management Package
- Drug and Alcohol Misuse Policy Advice
- Workplace Testing Drug and Alcohol Training and raising awareness of drug and alcohol misuse within the workplace
- Nationwide Workplace Testing Sample Collection Network and the capability to train a member of your own staff to collect samples for workplace testing
If you require workplace Drug & Alcohol testing for any purpose then please contact our friendly support team on 0333 600 1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to assist you. Feel free to call with any workplace testing enquires or if you wish to arrange a no-obligation consultation.