- Rapid, court-admissible results
- Trusted by members of the public, legal professionals and local authorities
- Ministry of Justice approved for parentage testing
- Over ONE MILLION genetic tests performed since 2004
- UKAS ISO 17025-accredited testing laboratory
UK-wide sample collection
- FREE sample collection for legal clients at our nationwide walk‑in centres
- All samples collected under strict chain of custody
- Samples collected from any location, including homes, offices, hostels, prisons and more
Legal DNA testing
Court-approved DNA tests including paternity, prenatal paternity, and complex relationship tests. Same-day or next-day results available.
Legal drug testing
Test for a range of drugs and their metabolites, using head hair, body hair, nails, urine and oral fluid. Rapid results guaranteed.
Legal alcohol testing & monitoring
Legal alcohol testing using head hair, body hair, blood, nails, and breath.
Alcohol monitoring devices also available.
Full chain of custody with UK-wide sample collection
UK-wide sample collection service
We can collect donor samples from any location in the UK, including homes, hostels, workplaces, offices and prisons, depending on the needs of your client.
We also offer FREE sample collections for legal clients from our unique network of walk-in centres, with all samples collected under strict chain of custody conditions.
Call 0333 600 1300 to register your case today and arrange an appointment at one of our walk-in centres.
We’re well-versed in providing effective case management, so you can be sure every step in the testing process is managed with care and expertise.
Your case management team, including your dedicated account manager, will:
- Ensure we have all the information needed to progress your case
- Book collection appointments
- Manage the process with AlphaBiolabs’ sample collections team
- Liaise with our in-house laboratories following receipt of your samples
- Update the instructing party on the progress of the case
- Ensure invoicing is timely and accurate
What we offer
Legal DNA testing provides a simple and accurate way of determining the biological relationship between individuals.
Our same-day or next-day results are accepted by Family Court, the Ministry of Justice, Child Maintenance Service, UK Visas and Immigration, and the Home Office.
Members of the public and legal clients rely on our legal DNA testing for:
- Child maintenance and custody disputes
- Child welfare cases
- Inheritance disputes
- Immigration cases (supporting visa or citizenship applications)
And much more.Learn more
Our legal drug testing enables you to test for a range of drugs and their metabolites using head hair, body hair, nails, oral fluid (saliva) and urine, for a complete picture of an individual’s drug use.
We have also invested in the very latest technology for our state-of-the-art toxicology laboratory, employing some of the best scientists in the world: so you can be sure of receiving rapid, 100 per cent accurate results.
Furthermore, our toxicology laboratory is accredited by UKAS to the quality technical standard of ISO 17025 (No. 2773) and certified to ISO 9001.
Testing options & detection windows:
- Head hair: up to 12 months (month-by-month segmentation available)
- Body hair: 12-month overview
- Nails: 6-month overview (fingernails) or 12-month overview (toenails)
- Urine: up to 4 days
- Oral fluid (saliva): up to 48 hours
Add on our FREE Drug Screen Plus service: we’ll analyse your samples for any drugs present that you did not specifically ask us to test for at the time of instruction.Learn more
If you are a member of the public looking for drug testing for an official matter (e.g. divorce proceedings, custody dispute), visit this page.
AlphaBiolabs’ legal alcohol testing is recognised and admissible in UK courts, with all samples analysed at our state-of-the-art laboratory by some of the foremost toxicology scientists in Europe.
We can analyse head hair, body hair, nail, breath and blood samples, with rapid results guaranteed. Our toxicology laboratory is accredited by UKAS to the quality technical standard of ISO 17025 (No. 2773) and certified to ISO 9001.
Testing options & detection windows:
- Head hair: 3- or 6-month overview (EtG & EtPa [FAEE])
- Body hair: 12-month overview (EtG)
- Blood tests: 4-week overview, Phosphatidylethanol (PEth), Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin (CDT), Mean Corpuscular Volume (MCV) and/or Liver Function Test (LFT)
- Nails: 6-month overview (fingernails) or 12-month overview (toenails) (EtG)
- Instant breath analysis
Ask about our Comprehensive Analysis Package: this package combines head hair testing with blood tests, providing the best insight into an individual’s alcohol consumption.Learn more
If you are a member of the public looking for alcohol testing for an official matter (e.g. divorce proceedings, custody dispute), visit this page.
SCRAM CAM® is an innovative way of continuously monitoring an individual’s alcohol use over a defined period, using a non-invasive alcohol monitoring device that can be worn discreetly around the ankle, detecting traces of alcohol in sweat.
SCRAM Continuous Alcohol Monitoring® devices are available as a fully-managed service from AlphaBiolabs.SCRAM Continuous Alcohol Monitoring®
If you are a member of the public looking for alcohol monitoring for an official matter (e.g. divorce proceedings, custody dispute), visit this page.