COVID-19 PCR test for the workplace
- COVID-19 PCR test for only £125 plus VAT
- NHS-standard UKAS ISO 17025 accredited test*
- PCR nasopharyngeal or throat swab sample required
- Ideal for regular testing of employees to reduce risk in the workplace
- Receive results by email or text, within 1–2 days
NHS-approved COVID-19 PCR test for the workplace
Advantages of regular rt PCR testing for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) within the workplace:
- Ensure employees are negative for COVID-19 and therefore safe to return to work
- Identify and isolate any asymptomatic carriers that may be present in the workplace
- Enhance confidence and assurance with regular testing for COVID-19 for your employees, customers and business partners
- Reduce absenteeism due to self-isolation and increase productivity in the workplace
- COVID-19 testing will support workplace risk assessments and enhance safety measures
The COVID-19 PCR test can be taken by the employee themselves or overseen by a company nurse or occupational health professional.
Your employee’s COVID-19 sample will be tested using the latest cutting-edge automated PCR extraction methods and specialist fully trained scientists will analyse your employees’ samples to obtain the results you need within 1–2 days, from receipt of the samples in the COVID-19 laboratory.
What are the steps involved in the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) PCR testing?
When you place your order with AlphaBiolabs our team will promptly send you a carefully packaged viral sample collection kit by tracked courier.
Once you receive the sample collection kits, carefully follow the enclosed instructions to ensure all nasal / throat samples are collected correctly using the sterile viral collection swab (which looks similar to an extra-long cotton wool bud). The sample collection is simple to carry out, but you may experience some discomfort when rubbing the swab.
Wrap your sample in the enclosed packaging and return using the pre-paid self-addressed envelope.
Keep your employees safe with a PCR test for the workplace
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I carry out the coronavirus PCR test?
When is the best time to take the COVID-19 PCR test?
How long do symptoms take to appear after being exposed to the virus?
What is the rt PCR test and how is it different to other forms of COVID-19 testing?
An antibody test looks for evidence in a blood sample that your immune system may have responded to the COVID-19 virus already, through the presence of COVID-19 specific antibodies.
How accurate is the testing process and the test results?
Depending on the outcome of the analysis, the report will state if the virus is ‘detected’ or ‘not detected’.
Our partner laboratories are UKAS ISO 17025 accredited and only utilise accredited methodology and chemistry.
In relation to antibody testing, we can also provide highly sensitive and highly specific laboratory-based testing in addition to instant result COVID-19 immunoassay screening devices as part of your strategy to keep your workplace COVID-19 safe. Ask our specialist Customer Services team on 0333 600 1300 for more information.