For-cause drug and alcohol screening
- We provide the fastest lab confirmations available: same day results if required
- Bespoke testing solutions to help your company achieve its goals
- Winner of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation for rapid laboratory testing services
- Operating for over 10 years in the drug testing sector
- Full chain of custody procedures
- Expert sample collection service
- Rapid sample screening on-site with immediate results
- Can test and confirm a wide range of drugs and their metabolites
- Sample collection training available
- Improve health and safety at work
“Such professional sample collectors”
Those who misuse drugs and alcohol are over 3½ times more likely to be involved in an accident or incident in the workplace
For-cause and post-incident testing
For-cause screening may be used as part of a drug and alcohol policy when there are reasonable grounds to suspect that there is a misuse of drugs or alcohol in the workplace. This form of testing is sometimes also referred to as with-cause testing.
Employers are legally obliged to take measures to protect the safety of employees and the general public if they suspect individuals may be unfit to work due to drugs or alcohol misuse (Misuse of Drugs Act 1971).
Reasonable grounds to suspect individuals could be initiated by suspicious behaviours, an allegation or tip-off, following a workplace incident or when drugs or alcohol are found somewhere in the workplace.
Suspicious behaviours of employees that could indicate drug or alcohol misuse include:
- Over-activeness, or wide staring eyes
- Aggressive or being abnormally pushy
- Lack of motivation
- Poor time keeping or an unusual unkempt appearance
Why use AlphaBiolabs for your workplace testing services?
- We can review your existing drug misuse policy or prepare a full drug testing policy tailored to your needs
- You can choose specific workplace drug testing services or sample collection if preferred
- Our workplace drug test sample collectors are available around the clock, every day of the year
- We can train a representative of your staff for sample collection
- We have our own laboratory so that specimens do not need to be sent abroad
- We provide quick turnaround times with accurate results
- We have over 10 years’ experience in drug testing
- Our toxicology specialists are on hand for expert advice
Workplace drug test sample collection
Our workplace drug and alcohol testing is serviced by dedicated fully-qualified sample-collectors that are available nationwide, around-the-clock any day of the year.
Our sample collectors are fully trained to take samples for a number of drug and alcohol tests including breathalysers, oral fluid and urine testing. Whichever testing method, strict procedures are always followed to maintain the chain of custody throughout the process.
Following these procedures means that the information and results will be kept 100% confidential at all times and that the testing will be accurately conducted with exactly who is intended to be tested.
AlphaBiolabs can also provide training for your own staff to take samples for drug and alcohol testing, to the highest standards.
Workplace drug testing methods
Oral fluid drug testing
Oral fluid drug testing is a workplace drug testing method that can be used to determine whether someone is misusing drugs by taking a sample of their saliva and analysing it for particular substances.
An immediate negative result may mean that no further action needs to be taken, but a non-negative result will then undergo confirmation testing from the laboratory to determine exactly what substance was taken and in what quantities.
This form of workplace drug testing can be particularly useful if you do not have anywhere suitably private to collect the sample, if the sample collector is of a different gender to the donor or if a urine sample cannot be provided for any particular reason.
Oral fluid drug testing is known as a ‘narrow-window’ form of testing as its period of detection is up to 48 hours, although this can depend on the particular substance taken.
Urine drug testing
Urine drug testing is a workplace drug testing method that can be used to determine whether someone is misusing drugs by taking a sample of their urine and analysing it for particular substances.
This form of testing can be particularly useful for on-site / point of care testing as an immediate negative result usually means that no further action is necessary. A non-negative result may require confirmation testing from the laboratory in order to determine exactly what substance was taken and in what quantities.
Urine drug testing is known as a ‘narrow-window’ form of testing and the usual period of detection is up to 4 days, although this can depend on the particular substance taken.
Hair drug testing
Hair drug testing is an extremely useful form of testing that can support other methods such as oral fluid and urine testing.
It can be particularly useful for a more comprehensive overview of a person’s drug use. It is known as a ‘wide-window’ form of testing and can determine a history of drug intake for up to 12 months if required.
Breath alcohol testing
The person being tested for alcohol use blows into a breath alcohol device, and the results are given as a digital reading. The reading, known as the breath alcohol concentration (BAC), shows the level of alcohol in the breath at the time the test was taken. It does not measure past use of alcohol.
We have a number of devices we can use for breath alcohol testing dependent on your individual needs.
Get in touch today
Get in touch with one of our workplace testing experts today for a no obligation quote
I am very impressed with the exceptional speed of service which gets my staff back on-site without paid time off.Alisha M.
Excellent service with a fast response. I have used others you are the best.M Smith
A very good service all around. Very impressed with the training and implementation.Sam Matters
Excellent service and all-round very user friendly.Bill Tanner