Trace Metal Testing
- We test for 11 trace metals present in the blood that could cause health problems when in excess
- Results within 5–7 days
- Winner of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation 2016
- 100% confidential service
- All samples tested in UK laboratory
Exposed to Heavy Metals through work or other environmental factors?
Trace Metal Blood Testing
Our Peace of Mind trace metal test (also known as heavy metal poisoning test or trace elements analysis) can show the presence of the following elements in a blood sample:
Several studies have shown that exposure to these heavy metals can cause long-term health problems.1 Methods of exposure include ingestion, inhalation and dermal contact. Symptoms vary in nature and intensity depending on the type, quantity and length of exposure to the metal involved. Early symptoms can sometimes be missed because they are non-specific, such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and anaemia. More significant symptoms include kidney and liver damage, cardiovascular diseases, developmental abnormalities, neurologic disorders, diabetes, hearing loss, blood disorders and various types of cancer. Exposure can also induce miscarriage or premature labour in pregnant women.
1. Tchounwou P.B., Yedjou C.G., Patlolla A.K. and Sutton D.J. Heavy Metal Toxicity and the Environment. In: Luch A. (eds) Molecular, Clinical and Environmental Toxicology. Experientia Supplementum 2012;101. Springer, Basel
Why would you need a trace metal blood test?
A metal poisoning test would usually be required on health grounds if there is suspicion of acute or chronic exposure to one or more heavy metals.
Individuals would use a trace metal blood test to:
- Measure levels of trace metals in their blood
- Screen for the presence of various naturally occurring metals
- Monitor the efficacy of chelation therapy (a treatment that is used to treat heavy metal poisoning, including iron, lead, mercury, cadmium and zinc)
Employers would use a trace metal test to:
- Monitor workers potentially exposed to trace metals
(People who may be exposed to metals in the workplace should be monitored periodically)
- Evaluate suspected heavy metal toxicity in employees
- Monitor the efficacy of an employee’s chelation therapy (a treatment that is used to treat heavy metal poisoning, including iron, lead, mercury, cadmium and zinc)
What does trace metal testing entail?
AlphaBiolabs has a dedicated, fully qualified sample collection team available around the clock, every day of the year so blood samples can be taken from any place you feel appropriate. This could be a workplace, at home, or at one of our free nationwide Walk in Centres. Collectors follow strict procedures to ensure chain of custody and confidentiality remains throughout the whole testing process. Your results will be emailed to you within 5–7 working days.
Call now on 0333 600 1300 to order a trace metal test or complete the form below.
Why use Alphabiolabs for your workplace drug testing services?
- Full drug testing misuse policy management if required
- Wide range of workplace drug testing services
- Workplace drug testing sample collectors available around the clock, every day of the year
- We can train a representative of your staff for sample collection
- We have our own laboratory meaning that the samples do not need to be sent abroad
- Quick turnaround times with accurate results
- Over 10 years’ experience in drug testing
- Toxicology specialists on hand for expert advice
Workplace drug test sample collection
AlphaBiolabs has a dedicated, fully qualified sample collection team available around the clock, every day of the year. This is ideal if you require sample collection as part of scheduled workplace drug testing or at short notice for random drug testing or for-cause testing.
Our workplace sample collectors follow strict procedures to ensure the chain of custody is retained and that confidentiality remains throughout the whole testing process.
This means that our workplace drug testing results are legally defensible. This is particularly important if the person being tested is likely to take legal action to contest the results of the drug test for any reason.
AlphaBiolabs can also train a representative of your own staff to perform workplace drug testing and sample collection to the highest standards.
This means that they will also be able to collect samples for workplace drug testing and retain the chain of custody. Competency training is also available for those who are already trained in sample collection, to ensure that these standards are adhered to by your chosen representative.
Contact us here
I am very impressed with the exceptional speed of service which gets my staff back on-site without paid time off.Alisha M.
Excellent service with a fast response. I have used others you are the best.M Smith
A very good service all around. Very impressed with the training and implementation. Thank you very much AlphaBiolabs.Sam Matters
Excellent service and all-round very user friendly. Very impressed.Bill Tanner