Head of Genetics at AlphaBiolabs
Casey joined the AlphaBiolabs team in 2012 and heads up both the DNA and Health testing teams.
An expert in DNA analysis and a member of the International Society for Forensic Genetics (ISFG), Casey holds an MSc with Distinction in DNA Profiling and a First-Class BSc with Honours in Forensic Science.
Casey is responsible for maintaining the highest quality testing standards, as well as looking for ways to further enhance the service that AlphaBiolabs provides and exploring new and innovative techniques in DNA analysis.
- MSc DNA Profiling – Distinction
- BSc (Hons) Forensic Science – First Class
Qualifications & Certifications
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Implemented fastest DNA testing service globally and won The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation
- Introduced enhanced DNA testing with additional DNA markers and same-day turnaround times
- Validated non-invasive prenatal paternity and gender testing and achieved UKAS accreditation for the service – first UK lab to obtain accreditation
- Established Covid-19 testing service during the global pandemic, setting up two laboratories to provide a full testing service and winning two government contracts to provide testing of up to 15,000 samples per day (PCR, antigen, antibody and sequencing)
- Expanded laboratory testing portfolio to include health testing
- Paper published in journal of Legal Medicine in 2021 – Population data for 23 autosomal STR loci in White British population: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1344622321000274
How we review our content
All of the content we publish is regularly reviewed by both in-house and external experts to ensure that it is current, accurate and trustworthy. We use a team of accredited and highly qualified professionals with significant experience in their field of expertise to write and review our content.
Articles by Casey Randall